Monday, September 7, 2015

BTTF Delorean Hovers into my 1:64 Scale Diecast World

Back to the Future - Diecast Style

When Hotwheels released the new mainline Back to the Future Delorean in Hover mode I was wrapped! First of all I had to find the thing - man that was near impossible. No wait, it was impossible!
I was forced to buy my hovers through eBay or a Facebook group or something (cant remember which) - but anyway, the point is moot really isnt it.

Hello? McFly!?

I should probably just get straight to the point here... so I took a qtip and drilled a tiny hole in the base of the delorean and then I removed a light pole from my diorama and stuck the QTip and the delorean in there.
My first and original intention was to try and capture the delorean at such an angle that it looked like it was hovering, and I  think I achieved that here....

Do you agree? kinda yeah but no sorta what...?!!?

Just in the interest of a good story, here are the images before I photochopped the Q-Tip out.






Add a Sprinkling of Photoshop..

and Hey presto, you have the Delorean in all it's glory.
I removed the Qtip but also added lights under the delorean to make it look a little more authentic.

Came out nice!





No comments:

Post a Comment