Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Stanced Datsun 510 Wagon

The Car That Started a Riot

Before this Datsun 510 Wagon Mainline was released the Hotwheels world seemed fairly oblivious to the term JDM. I remember being able to buy Skyline GTR32s for $10 each and Datsun 510 sedans for a fiver! 
And then this mainline came out and everyone lost their freaking minds! What the?!
Now as a customiser and long time JDM aficionado I was lucky enough to find around 10 of these wagons. So no greedy hoarder bastards, you can take your $15 asking price and shove it up your blister pack.

Where was I? Sorry about that - hate greedy hoarders who buy up all the good JDM stuff even though the had to look up what it meant the week before. No respect.

My Custom Hotwheels Datsun 510 Wagon


This wagon was given a basic wheel swap and then the axles were bent and the car, well I squished it for lack of a better term  LOL. I then detailed the headlights and rear view mirror to complete the transformation. She now sits hellaflush and hella sweet :)

Let's be honest, you don't have to do too much to this already gorgeous casting.

Add a diorama backdrop and some camera filtering and hey presto :)
All shots were taken with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Crap phone, awesome camera.
















And the car that inspired/started it all...


No comments:

Post a Comment